Strong Representation for Truck Accident Victims in Texas
Trucking accidents or collisions are a leading cause of death and disabling bodily injury on the highways of America. The disproportionate mass and force of a tractor-trailer with the average automobile makes it’s easy to see why. Tractor-trailer or other large truck accidents are often caused by driver error, inexperience and, very often, driver fatigue. They also may be caused by improper maintenance of the truck or trailer or even improper loading of the truck or trailer.
In 2014, 85 percent of the large trucks involved in fatal traffic crashes were heavy large trucks (GVWR > 26,000 lbs.). In 2014 there were 3,903 people killed and an estimated 111,000 people injured in crashes involving large trucks. In the United States, an estimated 438,000 large trucks were involved in police-reported traffic crashes during 2014. https://crashstats.nhtsa.dot.gov/Api/Public/ViewPublication/812279
In 2015 there were 1,760 fatal crashes involving semi-trucks, tractor-trailers, and pickup trucks statewide. Vehicles that were towing trailers were involved in 428 fatal crashes state wide. http://ftp.dot.state.tx.us/pub/txdot-info/trf/crash_statistics/2015/27.pdf
Due to its size, Texas owns the highest number of overall traffic deaths, but fatalities involving big rigs are almost double the next closest state.
COMMON CAUSES OF TRUCKING ACCIDENTS IN TEXAS
Trucking accidents are often more complicated than auto accidents. There are many factors outside of the driver’s control, including work rules and equipment that can contribute to the risk of an accident. Some of the factors our experts consider when investigating a case are:
- Inexperienced or untrained truck driver
- Overloaded or oversized trucks
- Poorly maintained truck brakes
- Driver fatigue
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Truck drivers driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol
- Running off the road
- Driving at high speeds beyond the road and weather conditions
- Driving in conditions of poor visibility due to fog, snow, rain, or smoke
- Dangerous or reckless truck driver with a long record of wrecks and fatal traffic accidents
- Aggressive driving
- Failure of truck owner to install an under-ride protection under-guard
- Unsafe safety systems, reflectors, lights, and other warning devices
Semi-trucks, bob-tail trucks, cement trucks, 18 wheelers, tanker trucks, and any other motor vehicle are also known as commercial motor vehicles as they are hired to deliver or transport goods. They carry commercial vehicle insurance with higher liability limits because the injuries are often more catastrophic and expensive.
EXPERTISE ON YOUR SIDE
To help with your serious or catastrophic injuries from a trucking collision, you need to work with a law firm that focuses solely on personal injury law and that knows how to get you the full value or maximum compensation available. During this time, your attorney should treat you with compassion and understanding. The attorneys at Reynolds & Reynolds are experienced in the investigation, preparation, and trial of a wide variety of personal injury and wrongful death claims arising out of driver or company negligence -leading to serious and fatal trucking accidents. We represent truck accident clients throughout North Texas, focused on the areas of Frisco, Prosper, Little Elm, Lewisville, Denton, Plano and Allen. If you have been injured in a truck accident in Texas, give us a call.
Damages that an truck accident victim and the victim’s family are entitled to recover may include:
- hospital and medical expenses
- past and future lost earnings
- past and future permanent physical disability, such as loss of hearing or sight, limp or abnormal gait, scars, loss of a limb
- emotional distress, such as depression and anxiety
- grief and emotional suffering caused by the death of a loved one
- loss of love and companionship caused by the injury or death of a loved one
- past and future physical pain and suffering
- loss of enjoyment of life
Our firm will fight for Texas truck accident victims in an effort to recover money damages for medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering and other damages. Whether you have suffered a neck or back injury requiring surgery, fractures, traumatic brain injury, wrongful death of a family member or other serious harm, the Law Offices of Reynolds & Reynolds, PLLC will work hard to help you put the pieces of your life back together. As your dedicated legal team, we would fight for maximum recovery after a serious or fatal truck accident, and invite you to contact us for a free consultation. There will be no attorneys’ fees for you to pay unless we obtain financial compensation for you.