What to Do After a Truck Accident
What to do After a Truck Accident
- Get Treatment for Your Injuries – Accidents that involve massive trucks almost always cause injury requiring an ambulance ride and an extended stay in the hospital. . Unfortunately, injuries may also result in death. So after an accident, if able, the first thing you need to do is receive treatment for your injuries. Sometimes this treatment means going to your general practitioner for assessment and referral.
- Call the Police – An accident report will be a critical part of your case if seeking damages or going to court is required. Always request a police officer after an accident.
- Exchange Information with the Truck Operator – As with any auto accident, the exchange of contact and insurance information is one of the first things all involved parties should do. However, if the accident involves a truck, you also need to get information regarding the truck driver’s place of employment. Depending on the circumstances of the accident, you may have a claim against the driver’s employer or any other entity involved with operating the truck.
- Gather Information About the Nature of the Accident – If you can get out of the car to survey the scene, be sure to take pictures of the involved vehicles and surrounding areas. Frequently, both insurance companies will request photos of the scene for their cases.
- Contact a Truck Accident Attorney – The most common issues faced in commercial vehicle litigation include:
- Truck driver fatigue and Hours of Service
- Truck driver distraction due to electronic devices
- Rapid Response Teams and the importance of prompt investigation
- Importance of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations in Commercial Trucking cases
- Statutory background of federal trucking safety laws
- Federal Motor Carrier Regulations often cited in commercial trucking cases
Reynolds & Reynolds Truck Accident Attorneys
For decades, The Reynolds & Reynolds truck accident attorneys in Frisco, TX have helped truck accident victims put their lives back together. Whether the accident results in severe injury or the wrongful death of a loved one, our truck accident attorneys will fight for maximum compensation. Find us on social media to learn more about our services, or contact us at our Frisco personal injury office today for your free consultation. There will be no attorneys’ fees unless we obtain financial compensation for you.